Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Drama Never Ends

For those of you wondering, it is no lie...we did actually win the Taiwanese lottery. Here in Taiwan, the government was having problems with businesses failing to keep up with their books. As a result, they instituted a receipt lottery. Every receipt that you receive has a number printed on the front. After three months, you gather all of the receipts that you have collected (we have them stuffed in a drawer) and check all of the numbers. We were fortunate enough to having two winning receipts. We are thankful... because of our lucky numbers we will now be able to afford grad school. It is amazing how the Lord provides in such interesting ways sometimes. Our ship has finally come in, as they say. The grand total of our winnings comes out to 400 NT, which translates into $12 bucks.


In other news, many of you know that I have been having some major visa problems. You wouldn't believe the story if I told you. In short, because of these problems, I had to quit my job and I will have to exit the country. Thankfully, it appears the Lord has provided me with another job, and I should be able to leave this next week for a quick trip to either the Philippines or Hong Kong. This should take care of the problems that I have been having. We want to thank everyone who has been praying for these issues. It has been a long couple of weeks and we are really thankful to the Lord that He has seemingly resolved everything... we should be back in business soon.

Praises
1. We are extremely grateful that the Lord has provided me with a new job.
2. We are also praising Him for directing us regarding our visa problems.

Prayer
1. Please pray for this new job for me (Ben). We are hoping that it will be a good job and the Lord will help me to be "salt and light." AND pray that I would not encounter any problems with this job as I did with the last one.
2. Continue to pray for my visa situation. While we now know what to do about my visa, we still have to get it done. That means I have to hop on a plane and go to a foreign embassy and have them give me the visa. Pray that this goes off without a hitch.
3. Please lift up Beth this week as she will be giving a speech/sermonette/talk this Friday evening at Alpha, the bilingual outreach program that we are involved in. She will be speaking on "Why Jesus Died." This is a great opportunity for her to be able to present the gospel, but it is also probably one of the most difficult talks to give.

We are thankful for all of you. We love to hear what is going in your lives too, so drop us an email and let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...